Lines and wrinkles around the mouth are an unfortunate part of the ageing process. As we get older, our skin can lose its elasticity, or its ability to bounce back, causing the skin around the mouth to wrinkle and sag. There was a time where wrinkles were just accepted as a part of life. But that was before developments in science and cosmetic surgery allowed us to hold back the ageing process. This is often done by using products like Botox. These products freeze the muscles and skin around the mouth in order to smooth wrinkles. However, using Botox over long periods of time can have some nasty side effects, including muscle weakness, droopy eyelids and facial pain. Because wrinkles are a natural part of the ageing process, there is no way to completely remove them. However, there are ways that you can treat wrinkles around your mouth without the use of Botox.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Olive oil (optional)
- Vitamin E ( optional)
- Wrinkle cream (optional)
Drink lots of water. Dehydration can cause wrinkles. Doctors recommend drinking eight to 10 glasses of water per day. More if you lead an active lifestyle. Drinking a lot of water and staying hydrated can improve the skin's elasticity and help slow the development of wrinkles.
Use moisturiser regularly. The use of a moisturiser can help keep the skin from dehydrating by helping it to retain water. When picking a moisturiser, make sure to use something that is potassium based. Potassium is an essential mineral that helps regulate the body's hydration. Using potassium-based moisturisers will help your body better control the moisture in the skin, thus preventing and softening wrinkles.
Use wrinkle cream. A good wrinkle cream can add vital minerals to the skin to improve its elasticity and improve the look of wrinkles. When choosing a wrinkle cream, try to stick with antioxidant creams. Anti-oxidants are minerals that can help limit the damage caused by smoking, smog or sun exposure. These are all things that can contribute to wrinkles on the face and around the mouth.
Take vitamin E. Vitamin E has been shown effective in helping to prevent and soften wrinkles by helping to rid the skin of toxins and heal damage caused by external sources like the sun and smog. Vitamin E can be taken orally in the form of pills or liquids. It can also be applied directly to the skin via creams or lotion.
Rub olive oil around the corners of the mouth. Olive oil can induce a slight puffiness, which can diminish the look of wrinkles.
Tips and warnings
- If using olive oil, rub the oil into your skin in a clockwise motion. This will help to get the maximum amount of moisture into the pores. When choosing a moisturiser, stay away from products based in mineral oil. Mineral oils may help to prevent moisture from leaving the skin, but they also seal in dirt and other oils in the skin, causing pimples in addition to wrinkles.
- If any product causes burning or redness, stop using it immediately. This could indicate an allergic reaction to the product. If you are unsure about a product's use or safety, check the label for instructions. Or contact you doctor.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for