Blood pressure is the amount of force your circulating blood puts on the blood vessels as it travels through your body. High blood pressure can lead to all sorts of health conditions, including heart and kidney disease. Those with blood pressure problems may monitor them at home with home blood pressure machines like those offered by the Omron company. For accurate blood pressure monitoring, your machine must be calibrated every few years.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Call the Omron customer service department between the hours of 8:30am to 4:30 pm central time. (1-877-216-1333) Explain that you need a machine calibration and ask for the current guidelines. If your blood pressure machine is under warranty, it is possible that your machine calibration will be free. If you are charged a fee, it can vary. The customer service representative will give you the exact amount due for the calibration service.
Pack your blood pressure machine in an appropriately sized box with packing peanuts to prevent damage during shipping. Be sure to put all the components of your blood pressure machine into the box. You should also insure the package because you will assume all the risk for any damage during shipping. The Omron company will not be held responsible.
Enclose proof of purchase if your machine is under warranty and the customer service representative has confirmed that the calibration service will be covered. If your warranty does not cover this service, enclose a check or money order for the amount the customer service agent gave you. This will include the amount to service and ship the blood pressure machine back to you.
Include a letter with the case number that the customer service representative gave you, along with your name, address and phone number. You should also write the model number of your blood pressure machine and explain that it needs to be calibrated.
If you have not received your unit back within two weeks, call customer service to inquire about your blood pressure machine. Your machine calibration should only take a week to ten days.
Tips and warnings
- Calibrate your Omron blood pressure machine every three to five years under normal circumstances. However, if you use your blood pressure machine more than five times per day, you should have it done annually.
- The Omron company will not honour the warranty for any blood pressure machine that has been calibrated by anyone not authorised by Omron. Their warranty also releases them from any liability associated with a blood pressure machine that has been calibrated by an outside source.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for