Keep your Rowenta steam iron clean to maintain its efficiency and prolong its usefulness. Use the Rowenta Soleplate Cleaning Kit, available at retailers and service centres, for best results. This will also help uphold your steam iron's warranty.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Rowenta Soleplate Cleaning Kit
- Ironing board
- Clean, dry cloth
- Two cotton terry cloths, such as washcloths
Pour out any water from the iron. Turn the steam iron on to the "Cotton" setting, which is the one with three dots on the settings dial.
Cover an area of the ironing board with a clean, dry cloth. Fold one washcloth or other piece of cotton terry cloth in half and place it onto the cloth on the ironing board.
Dispense a 2-inch long daub of cleaning solution onto the terry cloth. Run the heated iron over the cloth directly on the cleaning solution. Move the steam iron in a circular motion over the cleaner on the cloth for a minute or two.
Remove the steam iron from the cloth. Carefully wipe any remaining cleaning solution from the soleplate using the second terry cloth.
Add water to the steam iron. Turn on the "Steam" or "Burst of Steam" feature. Run the iron over the clean, dry cloth on the ironing board to ensure the cleaning product is entirely gone from the soleplate.
Tips and warnings
- Cleaning solution left on the steam iron can cause spots or discolouration to clothing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for