Small dogs, puppies an kittens like to cuddle and many enjoy being carried close. A pet sling, similar to a baby sling, leaves your hands free to work, while your dog is snug and secure next to you. A pet sling is easy to make and is an easier way to carry a small pet than a purse or pet carrier. Choose a soft material without too much stretch, like flannel. This sling is easy to wash when it gets dirty, and can double as a soft blanket for your pet when you aren't using it as a sling.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Cotton flannel cloth 50 inches by 30 inches
- Matching thread
Fold the cloth in half, long sides together, right sides facing each other. Press.
Stitch a ½-inch seam on both shorter ends of the sling. Turn the fabric right side out. Press.
Arrange the sling so that the short ends of the sling meet at one shoulder and the middle of the sling rests at your hip. Overlap the ends until the length is correct for you. Pin.
Sew the ends together at the point you pinned. If the sling is long enough and you prefer, you can tie the ends together in a knot instead of sewing them.
Open the long side of the sling to form a pocket. Settle your pet into this pocket.
Tips and warnings
- You may want to gather the fabric at the shoulder to make it more comfortable.
- You can fold another piece of fabric to make a pad at the bottom of the pocket so your dog will be even more comfortable.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for