Majestic Products manufactures a line of wood burning fireplaces for residential use. These fireplaces can create a warm and inviting environment in your home. Proper use, maintenance and repair of your Majestic fireplace will keep it performing as expected and working like new. The firebox of your wood burning fireplace is subjected to high heat during use. Warping or damage can occur to the grate inside the firebox so it no longer hold the fire logs in the proper position. Rectify this condition by replacing the old grate with a new one.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- New Majestic Products fireplace grate
- Fireplace shovel
Allow the fireplace to cool completely.
Open the doors on your fireplace if your fireplace has doors.
Grasp the grate, then lift the back end of the grate to clear the rear leg brackets. Slide the grate toward you until it clears the fireplace opening.
Lift and remove the old grate.
Clean ash out of the fireplace if needed to prepare it for the new grate. Shovel the ash into the bucket, and then dispose of it.
Insert the new grate into the fireplace opening.
Raise the rear of the grate and slide the grate back into position. Lower the rear legs of the grate into the brackets in the rear of the firebox.
Close the fireplace doors if your fireplace has doors.
Tips and warnings
- Purchase new fireplace grates through your local Majestic retailer. Find the part number for the proper grate for your model of fireplace in the parts section of your fireplace owner's manual or by visiting the Majestic Products website.
- Do not continue to use your fireplace if the grate is warped or damaged. A misshapen grate can cause parts of the firebox to get too hot and become damaged or may allow burning logs to roll forward out of the fireplace.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for