Cetaphil is a brand-name skin care product line. Sold in drug and grocery stores, it consists of skin cleansers, hand creams, lotions, facial moisturisers and cleansing bars. Though Cetaphil cleansers are designed for cleaning the skin, they can be used for shampooing the hair as well, according to Galderma.com, the company that manufactures Cetaphil. The Gentle Skin Cleanser is fragrance free, and according to Cetaphil.com, it won't rob your skin of its natural oils or upset its pH balance. It is even advertised as safe for those with easy-to-irritate skin. Because Cetaphil is gentle on the skin, it may be easy on the hair as well.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Obtain a bottle of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It's sold in a white bottle with a blue label.
Wet your hair thoroughly with warm water. Cold water may be uncomfortable and hot water may burn you or dry your scalp, contributing to the development of dandruff and skin sensitivities.
Place a dollop of the cleanser in your palm. Starting with a quarter-sized amount may be enough. You may need more if you are shampooing very long or thick hair.
Use your fingers to work the shampoo into your scalp, gently massaging it.
Work the shampoo from your scalp out towards the tips of your hair. You may not notice as many suds as you would see with shampoo. This is normal and doesn't mean your hair isn't getting clean.
Rinse the Cetaphil cleanser off your scalp and out of your hair.
Grab a towel and blot your hair dry. Blotting is less damaging to the hair than rubbing with a towel, which can weaken it.
Shampoo With Cetaphil
Tips and warnings
- Some people opt to use the bar soap version of Cetaphil for washing their hair. While the bar soap can cleanse the hair and scalp, you may have a more difficult time reaching the scalp and distributing the cleanser through your hair.
- Since Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is sold in a smaller bottle than most shampoos are, using it to clean the hair regularly could prove costly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for