Obagi is a professional-grade vitamin C serum designed to target free radicals on the surface of the skin. Free radicals are unpaired molecules that cause destruction on our skin resulting in faster ageing. Thankfully, many vitamins such as vitamin C fight free radical damage both internally and externally. Obagi products penetrate deep into the skin and reduce inflammation. Obagi has a few different vitamin C serums made for various skin types. The dry skin formula contains 10 per cent vitamin C, normal skin formula has 15 per cent and the sensitive skin formula has 5 per cent. They also have a very highly concentrated serum with 20 per cent vitamin C.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Test a small section of skin on your face or neck. Apply only a dab on this area and wait twenty minutes to see how your skin reacts. You may notice some mild tingling, but nothing serious. If you have any reaction other than mild tingling that is uncomfortable or causes skin irritation, do not use Obagi vitamin C serum.
Wash your face with a mild cleanser. Honey or aloe based cleansers are very soothing to the skin. There are other cleansers made specifically mild for sensitive skin. It is best to use a cleanser that does not irritate. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and get off all the grime.
Moisturise your skin as you normally would. Use a gentle moisturiser that is calming for your skin. Aloe Vera gel also works well as a moisturiser. Wait a few minutes after moisturising before applying the vitamin C serum.
For best results apply a thin layer of the serum to areas you want to target most like your forehead, smile lines and crows feet. If your skin can tolerate it, you can also apply the serum all over your face.
Go to sleep with the serum on your face. Wake up to a fresher complexion.
Tips and warnings
- After you exfoliate your skin its best to wait thirty minutes before applying this serum. Sometimes vitamin C serums can irritate your skin after exfoliation.
- If you have never tried this product before its best to start with the lowest concentration of vitamin C.
- Use this serum at night before bed. Vitamin C can sometimes make your skin very orange for a short period of time. Avoid the sun right after using this product.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for