Demodex mites are a huge nuisance to pets and humans. They are invisible to the naked eye and thrive in warm, moist and dark areas. Demodex mites are often found on the face or around hair follicles. Their bites sting and then itch. Using Listerine to kill demodex mites is safe, effective and inexpensive.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1/3 cup Listerine
- 1/3 cup keratin lotion
- 1/3 cup water
- Measuring cup
- Spray bottle
- Warm water
- Wash cloth
Measure 1/3 cup Listerine, 1/3 cup keratin lotion, and 1/3 cup water with a measuring cup.
Pour the Listerine, lotion and water into a spray bottle. Shake well to mix.
Spray the mixture over the infected area and rub into the skin for 60 seconds.
If all or part of the infected area is in your or your pet's hair, comb through the hair after applying the mixture.
Dip a wash cloth in warm water and wipe the infected area clean.
Tips and warnings
- This treatment is not a substitute for a physician's care.
- Seek medical help if the condition worsens.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for