George Foreman indoor grills provide a convenient indoor grilling option, especially during inclement weather. Steaks grill up fast in George Foreman grills, although the grilling method is not noted for the flavour imparted in steaks through outdoor charcoal grilling. To get the perfect steak, take time for advance preparation, soaking steaks for several hours or overnight in a marinade of choice.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- George Foreman indoor grill
- Steaks of choice (1/2-inch to 3/4-inch thickness works best)
- Steak marinade of choice
- Hammer-style meat tenderizer
- Plastic- or rubber-coated cooking tongs
- Recommended marinade ingredients (for four steaks):
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 tbsp steak seasoning
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Wire whisk or large fork or spoon
- Large mixing bowl
- Cling film
Place one steak on wood chopping block, slab or other hard surface and pound four or five times on each side with the bumpy side of the meat tenderizer. Repeat for all steaks.
Use a wire whisk, large fork or spoon to thoroughly mix all marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl. If using a commercially available marinade, pour in two cups of liquid for every steak.
Place meat in the marinade, ensuring the meat is completely covered in liquid before sealing the mixing bowl tightly with a sheet of cling film.
Refrigerate the mixture for at least three hours, allowing the marinade to soak into the meat. For best flavour and tenderness, allow steaks to soak overnight.
Advance Preparation for Steak
Plug in the grill and push the grease drip tray or cup into place at the front base of the grill to catch any juices rendered from the steaks during cooking. Ensure the grill lid is closed for preheating.
Wait for the light on the grill lid to shut off. Open the lid, place marinated steaks on the grill, and close the grill lid.
Allow steaks to cook for about seven minutes for medium-rare or grill longer to taste.
Remove steaks with plastic cooking tongs to avoid burns and scratches to the grill surface.
Grilling the Steaks
Tips and warnings
- George Foreman grilling machines cook both sides of the meat simultaneously. There is no need to open the grill and flip the meat midway through grilling. Doing so will disrupt the grill's consistent grilling temperatures.
- Steak marinades are a matter of taste, so sample various commercially available blends or review recipes in grilling cookbooks or websites to find the one best suited to your taste buds.
- Always wear heat-resistant protective cooking mitts when opening hot grills or adding or removing meat to avoid burns.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for