Using tulle fabric is a budget-friendly way to decorate a wedding stage. Tulle is fluffy and stiff, which makes it perfect for creating elegant and whimsical styles. It is extremely cheap to buy, and just a few layers can create a large decoration. The key to using tulle to decorate a wedding stage is to use the fabric as edging around the stage ledge. This project creates tulle bows that you secure to the stage ledge and link with tulle garland.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- 10 feet of white tulle, 6 inches wide
- 15 feet of pink tulle, 6 inches wide
- Thin craft wire
- Paint-safe poster putty
Cut two 5-foot-long pieces of white tulle. Cut three 5-foot-long pieces of pink tulle. Stack the three pink pieces on the two white pieces, and line up the fabric evenly.
Measure 4 inches from one end of the tulle stack. Keeping the stack together, create a loop that is 4 inches long, or 8 inches in total tulle. Make another 4-inch loop on the opposite side to create a tulle bow. Repeat this process four more times, until you have three loops on each side. This leaves you with a second 4-inch end hanging down.
Loop a piece of thin craft wire around the centre of your tulle bow to secure the loops together. Twist and knot the wire closed at the back of the bow, and use the scissors to cut the wire from the roll.
Gently pull the tulle loops in different directions to create a fluffy, floral bow to hang on your wedding stage.
Repeat the previous steps to create enough tulle bows to line the wedding stage about every 2 feet.
Take the end fabric of the white tulle roll, and use poster putty to secure it on the topside ledge of the wedding stage. Roll the tulle out so it drapes in a shallow arc. Use the poster putty to gather and secure the tulle garland to the stage ledge about every 2 feet. When the stage is draped, cut the tulle from the roll.
Take a tulle bow and use the poster putty to secure it over the gathered part of the white tulle garland. Repeat this process to decorate each gathered spot with a tulle bow.
Tips and warnings
- The tulle bows and garland can also be used to decorate any pillars, plants, chairs or tables on the wedding stage. Wrap a length of tulle around the back a chair and secure it with a bow. You can also wrap pillars with tulle and top each one with a bow.
- If you prefer to cut the wire and tulle garland before using them, you can. However, cutting them after figuring out exactly how much you need helps prevent problems if the piece is too short and prevents waste if the piece is too long.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for