The pregnancy test manufacturer Clearblue makes two types of pregnancy tests. They offer a digital test that has a digital display reading "pregnant" or "not pregnant" depending on the results. The Clearblue Easy +/- test shows the result as either a + for a positive pregnancy test or a - for a negative pregnancy test. The +/- test has a colour-changing tip that changes from white to pink to indicate that the urine is being absorbed. Clearblue states that either of their pregnancy tests are 99 per cent accurate on the day of an expected period.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Clearblue pregnancy test, digital or +/-
- Urine sample
Unwrap the pregnancy test and remove the cap from the absorbent tip.
Insert the absorbent tip into a urine sample, or under a stream of urine. The +/- test should be held in the urine stream or in a urine sample for five seconds. The digital test should be held under a urine stream for five seconds, or in a urine sample for 20 seconds.
Keep the tip of the test pointed down throughout the test, or lay it flat on a surface.
Wait two minutes for a Clearblue Easy +/- test to develop. A control line will appear in the control window, which indicates the test has worked correctly. With a digital Clearblue test, wait three minutes. An hourglass icon will be present on the digital display while the test is developing.
Read the test. With a +/- Clearblue test, a + result is positive for pregnancy, while a - is negative for pregnancy. With a digital Clearblue test, the readout will display "pregnant" in the result of a positive test, and "not pregnant" when the test is negative.
Tips and warnings
- If testing prior to the date of an expected period, results will be most accurate when using first morning urine.
- With a +/- test, read the results within 10 minutes of taking the test. Changes after 10 minutes may be false.
- A digital test may display an error icon if the test was performed incorrectly or was faulty.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for