How to get mold off of an electric toothbrush

Written by racheal ambrose
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
  • Email

Mold grows in wet, warm places, like bathrooms. Electric toothbrushes can begin to grow mould if they are left alone. Vinegar effectively kills the mould without being toxic to humans. To prevent mould from growing, dry off the brush after each use. If the toothbrush has a rubber grip, too much mould can break it apart or break it down. Mold spreads if left unattended. Mold is green, brown, yellow or red in colour, and gives off a musty odour.

Skill level:
Easy

Other People Are Reading

Things you need

  • Vinegar
  • Paper towels

Show MoreHide

Instructions

  1. 1

    Unplug the toothbrush or charger.

  2. 2

    Rinse the toothbrush with warm water.

  3. 3

    If possible, remove the bristle part. If mould is on any part that goes into your mouth, throw it away. Mold can make you sick.

  4. 4

    Spray the handle with vinegar and wipe clean with a paper towel. Throw out the paper towel. Rinse off and dry.

  5. 5

    Attach a new bristle.

  6. 6

    If there is a base or charging station, spray it down with vinegar and wipe down. Dry.

Tips and warnings

  • Unplug before cleaning to avoid electrical shock.

Don't Miss

References

Filter:
  • All types
  • Articles
  • Slideshows
  • Videos
Sort:
  • Most relevant
  • Most popular
  • Most recent

No articles available

No slideshows available

No videos available

By using the eHow.co.uk site, you consent to the use of cookies. For more information, please see our Cookie policy.