Decorative landscaping often incorporates the use of landscape gravel. Easily adding texture and colour to garden surrounds, the prime value is in not having to replace it annually. A homeowner displays individual style and taste by choosing from a multitude of shapes, colours and sizes. Also used to help control weeds and soil erosion, landscape gravel is relatively maintenance free. A rake and a garden hose are the necessary cleaning tools, and most homeowners can clean and tidy their landscape gravel in one afternoon.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Safety glasses
- Plastic trash bag
- Weed killer
- Garden hose
Use gloved hands to run a rake over the landscape gravel. Gather all loose debris, and place it in a trash bag for disposal.
Pull any visible weeds, and throw them away. Spray any problematic areas with an environmentally friendly weed killer.
Spray the gravel with a garden hose. Level and smooth the surface using the rake. Repeat this process annually, or sooner, as needed.
Tips and warnings
- Remove debris from the gravel to help it maintain a tidy appearance.
- Paversearch.com offers valuable information about the uses of landscape gravel. (See Resources.)
- Use gloves and safety glasses when working with weed killers.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for