When it comes to choosing a wedding cake, break away from the monotony of visiting bakery after bakery for their selections and have a little fun with virtual cake design. Designing a cake online can give you a delicious sneak preview of what you might serve your guests and give you instant designer gratification as you explore different styles and options.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Go to a website that offers options for designing prototype cakes (see Resources). Find a vendor in your area, if possible. You might also explore wedding magazines that specialise in this area (see Resources).
Select your serving size, which will determine the overall size and design options for your cake.
Select the cake style. Determine if you want a tiered, stacked or asymmetric design, and choose the shape, such as round, hexagon or square.
Choose an icing design.
Select colours and flavours. You may select more than one icing or flavour depending on how you'd like to divide up your cake and the flavours you and your guests prefer.
Tips and warnings
- Save your information to purchase the cake online or take the design to a local baker.
- Use the online tools to estimate the cost of your ideal cake.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for