Quick-Step offers laminate flooring in styles designed to look like many types of hardwood, stone and ceramic. The flooring has top layers consisting of a photo of wood or tiles printed on cellulose paper, covered by plastic resins and a transparent overlay that prevents wear. Underneath is a watertight high-density fiberboard and a resin bottom layer. Cleaning Quick-Step laminate flooring is fast and easy.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Broom, microfiber mop or vacuum cleaner with soft brush attachment
- Soft cloths
- Laminate flooring cleaner
- Acetone, nail polish remover or Quick-Step Force
Sweep the Quick-Step laminate flooring daily with a broom to remove loose dirt and sand. Another option is dry mopping with the microfiber-head mop included in the Quick-Step floor cleaning kit or with another soft mop. If you prefer, vacuum the floor instead with a soft brush attachment. Sweep, mop or vacuum in the direction the floor is laid to gather up any dirt in the grooves.
Damp mop the floor with water and a soft mop or cloth when necessary. Avoid using excessive water because that can cause the floor to expand. Dry the floor with a clean cloth afterward.
Use a laminate flooring cleaner when the floor needs extra attention. Quick-Step produces its own brand called Quick-Step Quick Clean, available in a spray bottle. Other brands are available in hardware stores and department stores. Spray the laminate cleaner onto the mop or cloth and then wash the floor. Rinse any cleaner from the mop or cloth and then damp mop the floor with water or use a different clean mop head to damp mop. Dry the floor with a clean cloth.
Use acetone, nail polish remover or the Quick-Step Force cleaning agent on stubborn spots or stains such as grease, oily stains, adhesive, tar or paint. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
Tips and warnings
- Blot up liquid from spills or wet shoes immediately with a clean dry cloth or paper towel.
- Check your Quick-Step warranty guide before cleaning the floor. Some flooring manufacturers void the warranty if you use any cleaning agent other than their brand.
- Do not use soap, mop-and-shine products, wax, polish, abrasive cleansers or scouring pads on the Quick-step laminate floor.
- Do not spray laminate flooring cleaner onto the floor.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for