Tapeworms are parasitic worms that lodge into the intestines of some animals, commonly dogs, and sometimes humans. The different segments of tapeworms lay eggs that pass through the anus with stool and spread to other animals, according to Mama's Health. However, the remaining worms can crawl freely into and around the human anus. While tapeworms usually have no symptoms--often undetectable until they pass out of the body via the stool--symptoms that sometimes exist are hunger, dizziness, fatigue, appetite loss, throwing up and loss of weight. Tapeworms are relatively easy to get rid of with the help of different types of natural remedies. These remedies are said to work together to help get the tapeworms out of your body.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Liquorice root
- Pumpkin seeds
- Black walnuts
Practice good hygiene to permanently avoid tapeworms. Shower regularly, clean around the anus, avoid unsanitary public toilets, be careful of your surroundings. Hygiene is one of the best tapeworm preventions and greatly contributes to clearing up tapeworm. Nothing is more natural than maintaining your cleanliness.
Take herbal remedies to help eliminate tapeworms. These herbs will soothe your digestive system and naturally keep your body from parasites. Liquorice root, agrimony, marshmallow and wormwood are among the herbs that perform this cleanse. Other herbs like chamomile and cina balance your digestion and keep your intestines working properly, according to Native Remedies. Consult your personal nutritionist and/or doctor for remedy scheduling and use.
Eat household food items such as pumpkin seeds, garlic and black walnuts. These are known to fight against tapeworm and roundworm. Adults are encouraged to eat up to 25 seeds, an entire clove of garlic a day and a handful of walnuts. You can mash these items up and put them into a drink if desired.
Temporarily change your diet. Refrain from drinking coffee, alcohol and eating refined foods. Eat foods high in fibre (bran cereal, papaya, Metamucil) for a complete system cleanse. While this won't cure your tapeworms, it will make your system a hospitable environment for the medicine and herbal remedies to work.
Tips and warnings
- It's important to remember that a visit to the doctor is a quick way to cure your tapeworms or find out if you have tapeworms. While natural remedies help to kill tapeworms, they don't completely kill the tapeworms in your body. A prescription is almost always necessary for total prevention and cure.
- After you undergo prescription and natural treatment, revisit the doctor for a final stool/tapeworm test to make sure it's gone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for