Dark underarms can be embarrassing and unsightly. But apply some effort, and the shade of your underarms can match the rest of your skin.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Pumice stone
- New deodorant
- Lemon slice
Take a shower and scrub your dark underarms with a loofah for a few minutes. When you are done, gently rub each underarm with a pumice stone for about a minute. This will remove dead, dark skin.
Schedule an appointment for an underarm waxing. Shaving your armpits can make them dark. Waxing can make them look cleaner and lighter while also removing underarm hair. Before you leave, schedule another appointment.
Buy new deodorant that is good for sensitive skin. Chemicals in some deodorants can cause the skin to peel, be irritated and get red. Try the new deodorant for a couple of weeks to see if it improves the appearance of your underarms. Keep trying new deodorants until your dark underarms improve.
Rub a lemon slice on each underarm for a few seconds. Lemons can naturally lighten your skin.
Tips and warnings
- Give your underarms a month to improve when you try something new. If they don't improve after a month, schedule an appointment with a dermatologist.
- Don't rub your underarms roughly when washing them. Rough washing can irritate the skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for