Staphylococcus aureus is a form of bacteria that thrives on the human skin and inside the nose. When the staph bacteria comes into contact with an open lesion, a bacterial infection may develop. Staph infections can produce inflamed, pus-filled, abscess-like bumps on your skin that can be very painful. Staph can be treated with a series of antibiotics, or treated naturally---depending on the severity of infection. Eating foods that contain probiotics that boost the immune system are recommended when fighting the staph bacteria.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring cup
- Organic yoghurt
- Red bell peppers
- Garlic cloves
- Lemon juice
Begin each morning with an eight-ounce serving of your desired flavour of organic yoghurt. Organic yoghurt increases gamma interferon productivity in the body, which boosts the immune system naturally to help fight viral and bacterial infections.
Add more raw foods to your daily diet. Raw foods such as broccoli, spinach leaves, and red bell peppers all contain probiotic properties that stimulate the white blood cell count to boost immune system and ward off infection. For a more extensive list of foods containing probiotics, see the Resources section.
Season your foods with one chopped, fresh garlic clove. Garlic is a natural antibiotic that increases the productivity of white blood cells, killer cells, and antibodies in your system. Garlic has been recognised as one of the most healthy, beneficial foods you can eat.
Mix up lunches and dinners by adding canned or fresh mushrooms. Mushrooms are classified as a probiotic food that adjusts your body's pH levels to strengthen your immune system in its fight against harmful viral and bacterial agents.
Season meats, water, and salads with two teaspoons of lemon juice daily. Lemons contain natural antibacterial properties that assist in the prevention and treatment of many diseases. Containing high levels of Vitamin C, lemons boost the immune system to help in the fight against infection.
Probiotic Foods to the Rescue
Tips and warnings
- Be sure to purchase the organic yoghurt. Processed yoghurts do not always contain the "healthy" bacteria needed to increase gamma interferon productivity.
- All ingredients can be purchased at your local supermarket and health store.
- To add lemon juice to water simply measure one, 227gr glass of water and dispense two teaspoons lemon juice. Consume twice daily (morning and night).
- Always consult your doctor if you suspect a staph infection is present. Staph can quickly develop into a life-threatening illness that may require hospitalisation or cause death. Seek medical attention for a proper diagnosis regarding staph infections and whether natural treatments are a healthy option for you. Only consume lemon juice twice daily; lemons contain large amounts of acids, and act as natural diuretics. To avoid kidney troubles, digestive troubles, and heart complications, do not exceed more than four teaspoons of lemon juice per day.
- Limit the intake of garlic to one clove per day. Garlic contains allicin, and may disrupt the digestive tract resulting in diarrhoea, nausea, and vomiting if consumed excessively.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for