If you are looking to redecorate your home, wallpaper may be the way to go. Wallpaper provides unlimited colours, patterns, and decorating options to anyone willing to invest the time required to properly hang it. Normally store-bought wallpaper glue or adhesive is required, but you can economically and easily make a homemade paste with starch.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Large pot with lid
- Large bowl
- Large spoon
- Dash of glycerine
Set aside 5 parts water and 1 part cornstarch. Mix 1 part water with 1 part cornstarch in a large bowl.
Boil the remaining 4 parts water in large pot.
Remove boiled water from heat.
Stir the cornstarch mixture into the boiled water.
Add a dash of glycerine to the mixture and stir for approximately 90 seconds.
Cover the pot with the lid and let the paste cool. It's now ready to be used.
Tips and warnings
- Adding glycerine to the paste mixture provides paste with more flexibility as it dries.
- If the paste hardens in the pot overnight, simply add small amounts of water and stir to return it to paste form.
- Some insects love feasting on starch. This homemade paste mixture may attract bugs such as silverfish.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for