Pebbles Flintstone is the cute and lovable daughter of Fred and Wilma on The Flinstones, a Hanna-Barbera cartoon. As with any little girl, Pebbles grows up during the cartoon series, thus giving you a choice of three different coloured Pebbles-outfit options. The original green and blue outfit is most commonly associated with this young cavegirl. Pebbles-inspired costumes can also be a pink and black shirt and skirt combo or an orange cavegirl dress. Babies, toddlers and preschoolers look adorable as Pebbles Flintstone but the costumes can be altered for women of all ages.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Sharp scissors
- Green v-neck T-shirt
- Black fabric paint
- Blue bloomers or shorts
- Orange elastic hair tie
- Orange coloured hairspray
- Small plastic bone (dog toy)
Cut the sleeves off the green T-shirt along the sleeve seams. The T-shirt should be one size smaller than your usual size.
Paint different sized circles on the front of the T-shirt with the fabric paint. The circles should vary in size and shape, with irregular edges. Allow the front to dry for three to four hours, then paint circles onto the back of the T-shirt, again giving the paint ample time to dry.
Dress in the shirt and bloomers or shorts. Pull your hair back into a high ponytail and secure it in place with an elastic tie.
Spray your hair with the orange hairspray until none of your natural hair colour shows. For longer lengths of hair, more than one can of spray may be required.
Insert the bone toy through the second orange hair tie. Tie a knot in the elastic tie directly against the bone to create a hold. There should be a smaller loop of elastic extending from the bone. Pull the ponytail through this loop so that the bone sits atop your head and completes the Pebbles costume.
Tips and warnings
- Cover your costume with a robe or towel before spraying your hair orange. This avoids the orange colour from getting on your costume.
- If you have never used coloured hairspray before, always perform a sensitivity test before use. Spray a very small amount on your hand and allow it to dry. Rinse off and check for any sign of an allergic reaction such as redness, rash or swelling.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for