Blood glucose tests measures the amount of a sugar, called glucose, which often comes from high-carbohydrate foods. If blood sugar levels are too high or too low, it can have an impact on many parts of the body, including weight, blood pressure, and other important aspects of your health. Measuring your blood glucose level can be an essential part of your health. If you struggle to manage your glucose levels, many tools and strategies can simplify the process to prevent further complications.
- Skill level:
Speak with your doctor about how often you should test. Your physician may want you to test at specific times based on the type of medicine you are taking. Some of the physician's recommendations will be based on when you eat meals as well.
Create a chart with several columns to keep your blood glucose levels well-organised. Label the top of each column with the date or days of the week, time, blood sugar level, food/meals and drinks.
Make several copies of the blood glucose chart and put it in a binder for easy access.
Take your blood glucose level and chart each time you take your reading. This can help you control your blood glucose levels so that they stay within a healthy range. Test your blood glucose level before eating and after meals.
Note any high or low blood glucose readings and make a notation or highlight the date, time, and reading so that you can be sure to make changes to the meal next time you have it.
Review the results at any appointments with your physician and nutritionist.
Tips and warnings
- If you want a simple way of keeping track of your blood glucose levels, purchase a blood glucose monitor with an automatic history or use a computer-based glucose management system. There are even templates in Excel that will help monitor your blood sugar levels.
- Do not fake a blood glucose level chart or skip readings. To take control of your blood glucose levels, be aware of what problems arise with certain foods. Charting your blood glucose levels can give you power over your health.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for