Whether you are organising a gathering or writing your holiday cards, it is important to fill out the address label on the front of your envelope correctly. To address an envelop in a formal fashion, the title of female recipients depends on whether they are married.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Name of the woman
Find out the name of the woman and if she is married. If she's married, also learn the name of her husband.
Write Mrs. Jane Doe (insert her first and last name) on the front of the envelope if the event is not formal. This includes baby showers or get-togethers with other women.
Write Mrs. John Doe (insert the husband's first and last name) on the front of the envelope if the event is formal. This is the format you want to use on wedding invitations or dinner parties.
Tips and warnings
- The name should always appear in the middle of the envelope just above the home address.
- If possible, learn how the woman prefers to be addressed for information invitations.
- Don't forget to include the husband's name if he too is invited to the event. In this case you would write Mr. and Mrs. John Doe.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for