Creating a GIF in Paint.NET is easily done. A GIF, Graphic Interchange Format, is the most widely used format on the Internet. It's ideally used with websites because of its see-through quality that allows the background of the website to show through. Although it looks difficult, its creation is quite simple.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Free Paint.NET program
Use Paint.NET to open the picture the background of which you would like to make transparent. If the file format is currently anything other than GIF, re-save your image as GIF.
On the toolbar, select the Magic Wand option then set the tolerance level to 0 per cent. Anything below 60 per cent should work to make the background transparent.
Click on the areas that you want to make transparent. The Magic Wand tool will select the specific colour you choose and all surrounding it that matches that colour.
After you have selected the colour, press the delete key. The selected colour will vanish and you will be left with a checkerboard like background.
Save your GIF image and use as desired.
Creating a Transparent GIF in Paint.NET
Tips and warnings
- It's best to use .BMP format to change to a GIF. JPEG tends to lose more quality when manipulated further.
- Make sure that any colour used for the transparency does NOT appear anywhere in the picture. The Magic Wand will select that as well and will make that colour completely invisible.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for