As hair begins to grow back after shaving, it can be very irritating to your skin. These small hairs are called stubble. Keep the itching at bay and take better care of your skin by creating a routine before and after you've shaved.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Warm water
- Mild skin cleanser
- Soft, clean towel
- Alcohol pads
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Cotton balls
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Aloe vera or aloe vera lotion
- New, sharp razor
Wash the area of skin where it's itching with warm water and a mild skin cleanser. Pat dry with a soft, clean towel. Do not rub the area with the towel; just gently blot your face until it's dry.
Use alcohol pads to rub the area down. This will help to remove any dirt or build-up in your pores and keep the area clean to avoid infection.
After shaving, dab a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide and smooth it over the areas where there is itching and stubble. Apply a hydrocortisone cream to the area to reduce itching.
Rub pure aloe vera or an aloe vera lotion onto the itchy area. You also can use use an anti-itch cream or medicated after-shave (if the itch is on your face).
After shaving, repeat steps 1 through 3 in order to keep your skin itch-free and healthy.
Tips and warnings
- Invest in a good razor. Cheap razors are likely to cause irritation and nicks. A good razor has moisturising strips, "micro-fins" or cushions that add protection for your skin when shaving. Replace your blades often.
- Soak the area you'll be shaving in warm water before beginning. This helps to soften up the hair and open the follicles for easier removal.
- Be sure to lather the area that you're shaving with some sort of soap, even if it's just regular skin soap. Never shave with only water, because this can cause irritation.
- If the itch persists or leaves a rash, contact your dermatologist. The issue could be more serious, and you might need medication.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for