Cellulitis is a bacterial infection that affects the skin, particularly the lower legs. Cellulitis can develop on other parts of the body such as the face, however this affects mainly children and the elderly. The infection is normally treated with a series of antibiotics that kill the streptococci and staphylococci bacteria, the two forms of bacteria that cause cellulitis. Cellulitis can also be treated naturally and in the comfort of your home by boosting the immune system through diet, herbal treatments, and garlic.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Clove
- Anti Bacterial Soap
- Liquid Goldenseal
- Cotton Balls
- Gauze Pad
Consume foods on a daily basis that contain high levels of vtamin C. Strawberries, tomatoes, citrus, and sweet potatoes all provide sufficient amounts of vitamin C. Vitamin C assists the immune system to fight off infection in the body.
Consume an eight-ounce serving of desired flavour yoghurt. Yoghurt assists in the production of antibodies and natural killer cells. Natural killer cells are essential for the body to reject viral and bacterial host cells.
Slice three garlic cloves into three small slivers. Consume three cloves of garlic daily with an eight-ounce glass of water. Garlic contains antibacterial agents that if taken when symptoms of cellulitis first appear, can effectively fight cellulitis.
Consume a minimum eight glasses of eight ounces of water per day. Water is not only essential for the body to function properly, but helps the system flush away viral and bacterial cells that may cause infection.
Eat and Drink to Fight Cellulitis
Cleanse the infected area using an antibacterial soap. This will eliminate bacteria transfer from the body to the wound to avoid further infection. Dry the area with a towel by lightly patting the infected area.
Dip one to three cotton balls in the liquid Goldenseal, and apply to infected area. Apply Goldenseal by light dabbing the infected area, do not rub. Continue dabbing until glossy coat of Goldenseal is visible on infected area. Alkaloids, an active component in Goldenseal, contains antibacterial agents, reduces inflammation, and boosts the immune system by increasing the production of properdin proteins that transfer the white infection fighting blood cells to areas manifested with bacteria.
Place one gauze pad over the infected area coated with liquid Goldenseal. Secure the gauze pad by applying a bandage directly on top of pad.
Apply Goldenseal to the infected area once a day. Change the bandage every day to avoid further infection.
Goldenseal Herbal Treatment
Tips and warnings
- If allergic to garlic, you may substitute garlic cloves with garlic capsules.
- Liquid Goldenseal can be purchased at your local health store. Incorporate the citrus listed above, by consuming an eight-ounce glass of orange juice daily.
- Always consult your primary physician if cllulitis is suspected. If a fever develops during course of cellulitis infection, discontinue natural treatments and seek medical treatment. A fever may indicate a serious infection; cellulitis can spread to the bloodstream and can be fatal so it must be treated with a course of antibiotics. If the body is sensitive to garlic, substitute cloves of garlic with suggested capsules. Failure to do so may result in diarrhoea, upset stomach, and nausea. Excessive consumption of garlic may lead to digestive damage. Garlic cloves are intended to be consumed for only one week. Always keep sharp objects such as knives away from children. Failure to do so may result in serious injury or death. If an allergy is suspected to the foods listed above, do not consume them. If consumed and allergic reaction develops, contact your primary physician or the emergency department if swelling and breathing troubles develop.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for