Women are often met with discomfort or PMS-related issues around their time of the month, but when a menstrual cycle extends to times other than during a regular period, it can be a bit distressing. Menstrual spotting can occur for a variety of reasons. This condition is quite hard to diagnose, but can sometimes be from cervical inflammation or irritation of the vagina. Usually it is not of a source of great concern. There are a few remedies to ease or stop menstrual spotting.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Red raspberry leaf
- Ginger tea
- Wild yam tincture
- Cinnamon stick or spice
- Tea mug
- Boiled water
- Honey (optional)
Make the raspberry drink. By combining the red raspberry leaf and two cups of warm water, make a tea that is known to help in spotting. Drink the two cups of tea every day until the spotting has stopped.
Drink ginger tea. Ginger tea is known to help stopping menstrual spotting. This is because the ginger is known to calm the pelvis. Adding 250 mg of ginger tea to a cup of boiled water will be sufficient. Drink the tea every day for a couple of weeks. You can add a bit of honey to the tea for improved taste, but it is not necessary.
Sprinkle or chew cinnamon. You can chew on a stick of cinnamon up to two times a day to help with spotting. Cinnamon is known to help with cramps and to reduce blood flow from the uterus. Dash a bit of cinnamon on the foods that you eat if you would rather not chew on a stick.
Add tincture of wild yam. Reap the benefits of wild yam by dropping between 10 and 15 drops of its tincture to one cup of boiled water. Stir this in to make a tea, and then drink it daily.
Tips and warnings
- Although a bit of spotting between periods is usually nothing to be concerned about, if it persists for over three months in a row, visit a doctor to get the condition checked out. Still, these natural remedies have been known to be effective in stopping the bleeding.
- If you are choosing to chew on cinnamon or use the spice of cinnamon as an aid to your menstrual spotting, be certain that you do not use cinnamon oil.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for