Fluorescent lights provide a convenient solution to add light anywhere, and they are simple and easy to hang. Fluorescent shop lights can be purchased at any home improvement store. Many of these lights cost less than £6.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 4-foot shop light
- 2 4-foot fluorescent lamps
- 2 eye hooks
- Tape measure
Determine where in your home you would like to put the light.
Measure and mark on your ceiling with the pencil about 3 1/2 feet apart. This is where you will put the eye hooks.
Screw the eye hooks into the ceiling using your hand in the places marked with the pencil.
Unwrap the 4-foot bulbs and install them into the fixture.
Using the supplied chain and hooks, hang the light on the eye hooks.
Plug your new light in and enjoy the extra light that it provides.
Tips and warnings
- Most hanging light manufacturers provide hooks and chains.
- If using a ladder, be sure to have someone hold it for you.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for