Converse shoes were created in 1908 after founder Marquis Mills Converse decided that the world needed a rubber shoe company that would work directly with retailers. His ideas and his shoes have survived over 100 years now, making Converse one of the best known shoes of all time. Thanks to the age of technology, Converse lovers can make their own custom Converse sneakers on the Converse website with just a few easy clicks of a button.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with Internet Access
Visit the site Converse.com. From the home page, you will see the words "Buy", "Make", and "Play". Click on the word "Make" and then click on "Start an original" to begin customising your Converse.
Select the style of shoe you wish to customise. Follow directions on the website to go through a 10-step process to completely customise the shoe to your liking. You can add an ID such as your nickname to the shoe, plus you can choose the colour of every part of your shoe from the laces to the stitching, the tongue, the rubber side walls, even the insides.
Complete each of the steps in order to completely customise every aspect of your Converse. The site will tell you how many steps you have completed so you know if you left any steps out. Once you approve of your design, simply click on "Add To Cart" and proceed to the checkout.
Tips and warnings
- Custom Converse shoes will ship within 2-4 weeks, so if you're shopping for someone else as a birthday or holiday gift, allow ample time for the shoes to be made and delivered.
- The Converse site will not ship custom shoes internationally.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for