Build a portable football field goal for a pint-sized professional hopeful. Young athletes can enjoy skirmishing and scoring with their own football field goal posts. Constructed of durable and widely available PVC pipe, these goalposts will last long after Junior has made the college team. With adult supervision, children can even participate in the assembly of their own football field goals. Children should not, however, be involved in cutting of the pipes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 sections of PVC pipe (2 feet long)
- 2 sections of PVC pipe (8 feet long)
- 2 sections of PVC pipe (10 feet long)
- 2 sections of PVC pipe (4 feet long)
- 2 sections of PVC pipe (6 feet long)
- 2 elbow connectors
- 4 T connectors
Connect a 2-foot section of pipe to an 8-foot section using a T connector. Repeat.
Place elbow connectors on the other end of the 8-foot sections. Connect the two 8-foot sections with a 10-foot section.
Place a 4-foot section in the empty, upward facing portion of each T connector.
Place a T connector on top of each 4-foot section. Connect the two connectors with a 10-foot section.
Place a 6-foot section on the empty, upward facing portion of each T connector.
Tips and warnings
- As the child grows, swap the upright sections so that the 6-foot section is below the 4-foot section. This will raise the bar and increase the challenge.
- To make the goalpost easy to disassemble and store, glue the base sections together and the upright sections together. However, do not glue the upright section to the base. This will result in two large pieces that can be easily stored in a garage or even outdoors.
- Glue the goalposts together by swabbing the inside of the fitting with a small amount of PVC glue. Push the pipe into the fitting.
- For a more secure (but less portable) goalpost, insert the upright sections into holes in the ground. You can also secure the goalpost by tying it to stakes in the ground.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for