Smooth shiny tile is classic, beautiful and easy to maintain. If you do not maintain your tile, it may become dull and cloudy. Whether your shiny tile is on your floor or on the walls, the same cleaning techniques apply. Not all tile cleaning products are appropriate for smooth, shiny tile, such as ceramic tiles. You must read the directions on the cleaner before using it to make sure it is appropriate for the material. By properly cleaning and maintaining your tiles, they will keep their rich, shiny appearance for many years.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Mild detergent
- Warm water
- Clean soft cloth
- Sponge mop
- Glass cleaner
- Paper towels
Vacuum your tile. Whether your tiles are on the floor, or on the wall, it is important to vacuum regularly to remove dust and lint. If you do not remove the dust from your tiles, it will accumulate between the tiles and cause the grout to look dull.
Use mild detergent. If your smooth tiles are on your floor, use a gentle detergent and warm clean water to mop your floor. Make sure you squeeze the excess water from your mop before you begin. Change the water when it becomes dirty to make sure your floor is rinsed with clean water. If your tiles are on the wall, use a clean, lint free cloth to wash your tiles with mild detergent and warm water.
Dry them thoroughly. After washing your tiles, it is important to dry them thoroughly to prevent water spots. Water spots can be difficult to remove. Wipe them dry immediately after washing.
Use a glass cleaner. If your tiles still look dull after washing them with detergent and water, try using glass cleaner. It is safe for use on ceramic and shiny tile, and it will not cause water spots.
Use paper towels. Between cleanings, simply use moistened paper towels to wipe down the tiles. Wipe down the tiled walls and wipe the tiles on the floor in minutes. This is to be done only between washings because it will not completely remove the dirt and grime from your tiles.
Tips and warnings
- White vinegar makes a great cleaner. It will keep your tiles shiny and remove all traces of grease and grime. Use 1/2 cup white vinegar with a gallon of warm water to clean your tiles. Do not worry that your tiles will take on the odour of the vinegar. Your tiles will be left clean and fresh smelling, without the vinegar smell.
- Never use an oil-based cleaner on your tiles. This will cause your tiles to look grimy and cloudy. Oil-based cleaners are not appropriate for smooth tile surfaces.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for