Instead of mixing a protein drink in the morning, consider making snack bars with protein powder. Using protein powder in snack bars provides an alternative way to consume protein. Change the recipe by adding different protein powder flavours. Making your own protein snack bars adds protein to your diet and saves money you might otherwise spend on manufactured protein bars and snack bars.
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Non-stick baking tray
- Mixing bowl
- 59 ml (1/4 cup) apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp protein powder of choice
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 100 g (1/2 cup) mini chocolate chips
- 400 g (2 cups) oats
Preheat the oven to 176 degrees C (350 degrees F). Set out a non-stick baking tray.
Mix 59 ml (1/4 cup) applesauce, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp protein powder of choice, 1 egg white, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 100 g (1/2 cup) mini chocolate chips and 2 cups oats in a mixing bowl. Blend the ingredients together by mixing them with a spatula. When adding the protein powder, do not add more than 2 tablespoons to avoid ruining the taste of the cookies.
Use a tablespoon to place scoops of the biscuit dough onto a baking tray. Space the cookie dough 2.5 to 3.7 cm (1 to 1 1/2 inches) apart.
Place the cookies in the oven. Bake the protein powder bars for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Remove the bars from the oven. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Store the bars in an airtight container or plastic bag.
Tips and warnings
- Add 50 g (1/2 cup) of dried fruit of your choice to the recipe in place of the chocolate chips. The dried fruit is a healthier alternative, and adds a natural sweet taste to the bars.
- Make multiple batches of these bars by doubling the ingredients.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for