People around the world use turmeric past as an herbal remedy to treat arthritis and sore, inflamed joints, as well as a liver cleanser, digestive tonic, antioxidant, ant parasitic and astringent. Turmeric is also a purported pain reliever and blood purifier. When you want to use turmeric for its amazing healing properties or as a medicinal facial mask, you can make a simple turmeric paste. Turmeric paste is versatile, and you can add it to drinks or mix a host of other ingredients into the paste.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Medium saucepan
- Whisk or fork
- Tea or juice (optional)
- Soymilk or milk
- Maple syrup
- Almond oil
Combine one-quarter cup of turmeric powder and one-half cup of water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir together using a whisk or fork.
Bring the turmeric and water mixture to a boil. Stir until the mixture begins to form a thick paste.
Let the turmeric paste cool. Store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Stir a tbsp of the turmeric paste into a glass of soy-milk, milk, tea or juice.Stir together over low heat one cup of milk, one tsp of almond oil, one-half tsp of turmeric paste and honey to taste. Bring the milk to barely a boil and remove from heat.
Mix the turmeric paste into honey or maple syrup to make a sweeter paste. You can eat this by the spoonful, rolling the cold turmeric paste into balls and swallowing with water.
Tips and warnings
- Spread the paste on slices of bread for sandwiches. You can mix the paste with almond or sesame butter to taste.
- If you are using the turmeric paste for a facial mask, you do not need to heat it. You can add to the turmeric paste milk powder, coconut oil, mustard oil, and yoghurt, lavender or rose water, and a plethora of other ingredients to make your turmeric paste facial mask.
- Avoid spilling or splashing the turmeric mixture while you are making the paste. Wash all your utensils and wipe up spills immediately. Turmeric stains everything yellow and is nearly impossible to remove.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for