Laminate wood tables provide the look you want without the expensive price you do not want. These tabletops scratch easily, however, which takes away from their beauty. Fortunately, this easy and affordable fix requires very little time; with a small amount of effort, your table can look as good as new.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Two clean cloths
- Wood filler
- Plastic trowel
- Wood sealer
- Food-safe cleaner
Clean the scratched areas with a cloth soaked in warm water, and allow them to dry. Remove all debris from the scratches.
Scoop a dime-sized amount of filler onto the edge of a wood trowel, and fill the scratches by smoothing the trowel at an angle across each scratch. Fill in the scratches to the same level as the table's surface.
Wipe the excess filler away with a dry, clean, lint-free towel.
Wipe a thin layer of wood sealer across the filled areas using the towel from Step 3. Use enough wood filler to create a slightly visible coat when first applied.
Allow the wood sealer to dry according to package directions.
Wipe the surface of the table with warm water and a few drops of food-safe cleaner. Once your table has dried, you can begin using it again.
Tips and warnings
- Seal the wood filler with clear nail polish if you desire.
- Use a plastic, rather than a metal, trowel to apply the wood filler, which will prevent any additional damage to the table's surface.
- Purchase a filler that matches your wood colour.
- Use the sealer and filler sparingly since you are only filling scratches. Do not brush the sealer on; apply it with a cloth to avoid using too much and damaging the surface of the table.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for