Whether you want to buy accessories or request service for your Motorola cell phone, you'll need to know the model number. You can determine your phone's model number by using Motorola's website, even if you have thrown out or misplaced the original packaging and user manual.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Motorola cell phone
- Internet connection
Turn off your Motorola cell phone.
Remove the battery cover from your cell phone. Most models require a small amount of pressure to be applied while sliding off the cover.
Remove the cell phone battery and locate the white sticker on the phone, underneath where the battery was housed.
Go to http://servicemyphone.motorola.com/iden/support/showCheckRepair.do on Motorola's website and enter the ESN or IMEI number found on the white sticker. If you cannot locate the ESN or IMEI number, go to http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/nss/How_Do_I_Find_IMEI.html for assistance.
Tips and warnings
- Replace your cell phone battery and battery cover before turning your cell phone back on.
- Do not attempt to pry open the battery cover with tools. This could damage the cell phone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for