Nicotine is a chemical compound found in cigarettes. It is an oily liquid that can combine with water and easily penetrate the skin and nails, leaving them yellow and sallow, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Removing these stains is difficult and can be impossible unless you stop smoking long enough for the discoloured skin to shed and be replaced by new skin.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Lime or 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- Nail brush
- 1 cup water
If using a lime, squeeze the lime into warm water and mix. If using lime juice, combine it with the water.
Dip nail brush into lime solution.
Sprinkle sugar lightly on top of nail brush.
Scrub nails, using sugar as exfoliant.
How To Remove Nicotine Stains from Fingernails
Tips and warnings
- Buy a filter to put on the end of your cigarettes. This way your skin and nails never come in direct contact with the cigarette and you will have fewer stains on your fingernails.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for