Keeping romance alive takes a bit of thought and effort. One impressive way to create a romantic atmosphere is by scattering rose petals on a bed. This time-honoured tradition takes relatively little time to execute. It does require some effort and planning, however. This is also a romantic way to celebrate a special occasion, such as an anniversary or birthday. Add a special gift if you like, perhaps placed on a pillow, for an extra surprise.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Rose petals
Phone a few florists and ask if they sell rose petals. Many sell just the petals in bags.
Select the colour of your choice. If you're concerned about staining, opt for a lighter colour, such as white or pink, instead of red.
Buy at least one full rose on a long stem.
Set up the rose petals while your loved one is out of the house.
Make the bed and tidy the bedroom.
Scatter rose petals on the bed. You can place them in a heart shape, spell a name or simply scatter them in a pleasing random fashion. Put the long-stemmed rose (thorns removed) on a pillow or other prominent place.
Create a trail of rose petals from the front door to the bedroom, if you have enough petals.
Tips and warnings
- Craft shops sell silk rose petals in bags. This is a good option if your loved one has allergies or if fresh petals aren't available.
- Creating a romantic atmosphere is important. In addition to the rose petals, light candles (in safe places) and play soft music in the bedroom. A chilled bottle of wine or champagne and two flutes make another nice touch.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for