If you have searched for information on black mould or toxic mould, you have most likely found all sorts of information telling you it can be deadly. According to Johns Hopkins Medical Center, mould is no more than an irritant in a healthy individual. Only those with extended exposure or a weak immune system are at risk for severe reactions and death. If you fall into one of these categories it may be worth the time to test for a mould infection in your lungs.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Internet access
Find the website in the resources section that offers a breathing capacity test. Then go to the website and take the test. If your capacity is below normal, consider calling your doctor to set up an appointment to have your lungs checked for a mould infection.
Call your local doctor to set up an appointment to test your lungs for a mould infection. A general practitioner may perform simple tests such as a skin prick, to see if your skin contains a mould allergen. If there is a reaction, this alerts the doctor that you have been exposed to moulds.
Call an allergist or a infectious disease physician to set up an appointment to test your lungs for a mould infection. The allergist will be knowledgeable about treating patients with mould allergies. The infectious disease physician will be knowledgeable about treating mould infections.
Call a pulmonary physician to set up an appointment to test your lungs for a mould infection. Pulmonary physicians are lung specialists and are familiar with all types of lung infections.
Tips and warnings
- The FDA has not approved any type of home testing for mould infections of any kind. The only sure way to find out if your lungs are infected with mould will be to see a physician.
- Check your insurance coverage before setting up an appointment with a specialist.
- Never self-diagnose or self-treat; see a physician.
- See a physician if you believe your lung infection has become worse or is beginning to get worse.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for