Balanitis can be an embarrassing and painful infection for any man. Also known as a male yeast infection, balanitis is a fungal growth in the male groin region. It generally appears at the tip of the penis, but can grow anywhere near the male reproductive organs. Symptoms include intense itchiness and burning in the affected area, and in severe cases painful lesions can be appear on the penis itself. Swelling can also occur, especially after sex. While it is always recommended that you see a doctor regarding any potential health problems, using white vinegar from home to treat balanitis can provide relief from the itching and burning.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- White vinegar
- Over the counter antifungal cream
Fill a bathtub with warm water. There must be enough water in the tub to fully submerge the lower half of your body, including the infected area.
Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar to the bath water. Include 1/2 cup of salt for an effective fungus-killing combination.
Soak in the bath for at least 20 minutes. Thoroughly dry the infected area after your soak to remove moisture.
Repeat as needed throughout the day to help kill the yeast infection.
Purchase an anti-fungal cream, such as Diflucan. Be sure to read all warnings on your selected product, as some creams can have unpleasant side effects when applied to sensitive areas of the body.
Mix two to three drops of vinegar with an application of cream to increase the effectiveness.
Follow directions on the cream product for application. Repeat as directed, adding vinegar each time.
Tips and warnings
- Always consult a doctor when dealing with advanced infections such as balanitis.
- Yeast grows in moist areas. Therefore, men who are uncircumcised are more likely to develop balanitis. Wearing loose cotton undergarments will help to increase airflow to the groin, helping to prevent moisture from perspiration.
- Do not apply white vinegar directly to the affected area of your skin. The acid in the vinegar can severely burn already infected skin.
- Men can contract balanitis by having sex with a woman who has a yeast infection.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for