Bacon can spruce up just about any old recipe and that includes chicken breasts. Wrapping chicken fillets in bacon adds tremendous flavour to the chicken as well as ensures that your chicken will not dry out during cooking. This recipe serves six.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Six boneless chicken breasts
- One pound of thick-sliced bacon
- 1/4 cup of poultry seasoning
- Grill pan
Fillet the chicken breasts by cutting them longways, parallel to the cutting board with a long sharp knife to one inch from the other side. Flip breasts and flatten with the ball of your hand.
Season chicken breasts on both sides liberally with poultry seasoning.
Roll the chicken breasts from the bottom up into a tight roll.
With toothpick close at hand, secure a piece of bacon to the chicken roll and wrap around the chicken breast tightly. The bacon will contract during cooking so you should overlap the bacon as you wrap it. Each breasts will require about two pieces of bacon so when you get to the end of one slice secure it and the beginning of the next slice with a toothpick.
Preheat oven to 176 degrees C. Place chicken breasts on grill pan and cook to an internal temperature of 170 degrees or until juices run clear.
Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Remove toothpicks carefully and serve.
Bacon-wrapped chicken fillets
Tips and warnings
- Use thick-sliced bacon as regular cuts will cook before the chicken gets done.
- This recipe can also be done on a grill or barbecue pit but if you decide to do it that way adjust your grill for indirect heat and place a dripping pan below the chicken, otherwise the bacon grease will cause flare-ups that are guaranteed to burn the chicken.
- Do not use a baking tray for cooking the breasts as the grease runoff from the bacon will be significant. Use a grill pan or anything capable of draining the juices.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for