The Vehicle Identification Number or VIN is a 17-digit code that tells what the car specifications are and where it was produced. Without this number it is difficult to gain access to your car's information. This number also tells what the paint colour is for your model, which you will need to do if you are doing any touch-ups on the exterior. By finding the VIN you can access the paint colour code for your Ford vehicle.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Take out your car title, insurance card or registration. The VIN will be printed on any of these documents. Write this number down. The VIN can also be found on the driver's side dashboard, near the bottom of the windshield.
Call or visit a Ford dealership and ask the customer representative to look up the colour code from your VIN. This service is free.
Write down the colour code. Use this code when you need to touch up or redo your car's paint job.
Tips and warnings
- The colour code can also be listed in the owner's manual and on the driver's side door jamb.
- Go to the Automotive Touchup website (See Resources) and select the year and make of your Ford Vehicle. This site will display the colour codes for your model as well.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for