The sway bar link on a Mazda Tribute is the long rod that connects the sway bar to the lower control arm. There are two sway bar links on a Mazda Tribute, one on each side of the front suspension. The sway bar and links help to reduce body roll as the Tribute is driving through a turn. The sway bar and links exert a downward force on the lower control on the outside of the turn. This keeps the vehicle's body from leaning inward.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wrench set
- Replacement sway bar links
Raise the front of the vehicle and support with jack stands placed underneath the front subframe.
Remove the front wheels and tires by removing the lug nuts and pulling the wheels off the spindles.
Remove the nut that secures the sway bar link to the sway bar. Pull the sway bar link down to separate it from the sway bar.
Remove the nut that secures the sway bar link to the lower control arm. Lift the sway bar link up to separate it from the lower control arm.
Remove the sway bar link from the vehicle by pulling it out.
Lift the new sway bar link into position between the sway bar and the lower control arm.
Slide the threaded rod on the sway bar link through the mounting hole in the sway bar. Loosely thread the retaining nut onto the threaded rod.
Slide the threaded rod on the sway bar link through the mounting hole in the lower control arm. Loosely thread the retaining nut onto the threaded rod.
Tighten the retaining nuts on both the sway bar and lower control arm.
Reinstall the wheels and tires by lifting the wheel onto the spindle and reinstalling the lug nuts.
Lower the vehicle.
Tips and warnings
- Some aftermarket companies offer performance sway bar links if you want to improve the handling of your Mazda Tribute.
- Always follow the instructions listed in the owners manual when lifting and lowering a vehicle. Failing to do so could cause injury or death.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for