Build a strawberry pyramid planter to help you save space in your garden. Whether you need to overcome limited space or simply make room for more plants, a strawberry pyramid will enable you to grow a large number of strawberry plants on one simple construction. Construct your strawberry pyramid based on how many plants you want to use and how much space you have. Aim for about 30 to 45 cm (12 to 15 inches) high with a width that will allow the plants to grow comfortably within the container.
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Eight 2.5 cm by 10 cm by 2.4 m (1 inch by 4 inch by 8 foot) planks
- One 60 by 60 by 90 cm (2 by 2 by 3 foot) plank
- 100 3.4 cm (1 3/8 inch) #8 deck screws
- Compound mitre saw
- Strawberry plants
For a six-tier strawberry pyramid, cut 2.5 cm (1 inch) from the end of the 90 cm (3 foot) plank to make a 87.5 cm (35 inch) centre post. Cut the top so it slopes down at 45 degrees on four sides and comes to a point.
Cut four 5.41 m (18 foot 3/8-inch) centre pieces from the 5.4 m (8 foot) planks. Cut four 67.2 cm (26 1/2 inch) outside base pieces from the 2/4 m (8 foot) planks with a 45 degree angle on each end. Cut four supports, each 86.8 cm (34 3/4 inches) long, from the 2.4 m (8 foot) planks. Cut one end at 32 degrees and the other at 58 degrees.
Attach the four centre pieces to the centre post using two screws‚ one in the top and one in the bottom. Attach the outside base pieces to the centre pieces. Screw the supports onto the outside base pieces and the centre support, using one screw on each end.
Mark where you want your shelves to go within the planter pyramid. Using the compound mitre saw, cut 40.9 degrees on the ends of the face of each shelf and a 26.6 degree bevel on the ends. Attach the shelves to the areas you marked the supports; use one screw at each end.
Place the constructed planter in its desired location within and fill the bottom with soil and compost before adding strawberry plants.
Tips and warnings
- You can use anything from wood to bricks, fibreglass and stone to build your strawberry pyramid planter. Buy materials based on your personal preference.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for