Treating and preventing tick infestations can become costly. However, getting rid of ticks naturally with salt is affordable. Follow tick prevention to ensure the health of yourself, your family members, and your pet, as ticks carry diseases such as Lyme disease. With the use of salt, you can kill ticks, their larvae and eggs. The coarseness in salt tears at ticks' bodies until they fall apart.
When living in areas with high infestations of ticks or in areas where ticks are known to carry Lyme disease, learn how to identify ticks.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Vacuum cleaner
To kill ticks properly with table salt, you'll need enough salt. Salt can be purchased in large containers at your grocery store, or in bulk through such sites as NexTag.com. Measure the salt in the following manner: a thin layer on furniture, a medium layer on floors, and a thick layer on the carpet.
In each room of your home, sprinkle salt on furniture, floors, carpets, and windowsills. For furniture, use a light layer of salt. Sprinkle a medium layer on floors, and a heavy layer on carpets.
Leave the salt on the furniture and floors for eight to 10 hours, and then vacuum. Allow it to remain on the carpets for a week before vacuuming.
Vacuum up the salt after it has sat for the recommended amount of time. Remove the vacuum cleaner bag and place it in a sealed bag, and place that bag in the garbage can.
Getting Rid of Ticks Naturally with Salt
Tips and warnings
- Salt can be rubbed on your pet's skin, killing ticks, their larvae and their eggs.
- Spray yards with a tick spray to decrease the possibilities of animals carrying ticks into the house.
- Do not allow children or pets on the salted floors and rugs.
- Always wear surgical gloves when handling ticks.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for