Nothing is more frustrating than emptying your dishwasher and finding a milky, hazy film on your once-clear drinking glasses. Even though you know your they aren't dirty, hazy glasses are unsightly. The problem is most likely occurring because you have hard water, or it may be time to switch dishwasher detergents. Before you toss out those murky glasses, try a few simple steps to make them look shiny and clean again.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dishwashing liquid
- 2 cups white vinegar
- Hot water
- Clean dishcloth
- Clean, soft cloth (for drying)
Put glasses in the sink and fill with hot water. Add a generous amount of dishwashing liquid.
Add 2 cups of white vinegar to the water. Let glasses soak for one hour.
Gently scrub glasses with clean dishcloth.
Rinse the glasses in warm water. Dry with a clean, soft cloth.
If the hazy film is still present, soak again in dishwashing liquid/vinegar solution overnight, then repeat steps 3 and 4.
Tips and warnings
- Consider changing dishwasher detergents and adding a rinsing agent to avoid future stains on your glasses.
- If you have tried the initial one hour soak as well as the overnight soak and the stains are still present, you may want to consider replacing the glasses because the stains are probably etched into the glass.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for