Mini Christmas lights are creatively called "fairy lights" in England. No longer reserved for the holidays, fairy lights are a pretty way to decorate for an outdoor party, or to decorate a room. Special adhesive decorating clips make the fairy lights easy to install. These clips can be removed without damaging the wall or even the paint, making them an ideal tool to use for temporary fairy lights.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Adhesive decorating clips
- String of fairy lights
Decide where the fairy lights will be hung around the room or outdoors If there are multiple strands, plug them together to make a longer string.
Open the decorating clip mouth and put the fairy light wire into it, then release the clip so it is grabbing the wire. Use one clip every foot and a half or so, depending on how much of a garland effect is desired.
Peel the backing off the decorating clip adhesive. Press the adhesive to the wall or other flat surface. The fairy light wire will stay grasped in the clip and hung.
Installing Fairy Lights
Tips and warnings
- Always test the fairy lights by plugging them in, before installation.
- Make sure to use lights marked "For Outdoor Use" if using outdoors.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for