Caller ID blocking is useful for protecting your privacy and keeping telemarketers at bay. However, from time to time, you may decide to disable Caller ID Blocking--perhaps when you phone a friend who screens calls. For cases like this, you can easily unblock your caller ID temporarily.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Permanent Caller ID Blocking enabled on your phone line
Pick up or turn on your phone.
Dial *82; wait 1 to 2 seconds.
Dial your phone number as you normally would. Your phone number will appear unblocked on the recipient's side.
Tips and warnings
- If you make several calls to a line you'd like to always be unblocked, consider contacting your phone company to configure your line so calls to that number are always unblocked. (Note: This is only available from certain companies.)
- Although *82 is the usual number to unblock your caller ID, it could vary depending on your phone company. Contact your phone company to make sure that this is the correct method to unblock your phone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for