Flowers are a popular addition to any home decor. However, live flowers don't last long and they can bring bugs and pollen into the house. Fabric flowers are a great solution to this problem. They bring colour and decoration into a home and last much longer than live flowers. Organza flowers are easy to make since they require minimal sewing.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Organza fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Matches or lighter
- Small craft beads
Cut out three circles of fabric each 3 inches in diameter. Cut the edges of the circles into petal shapes, if desired.
Light a candle and hold the edges of the fabric pieces about 1/2 inch above the flame, allowing the edges to singe and curl up slightly.
Place the three fabric pieces directly on top of each other, curled edges facing up. Place 3 small craft beads into the middle of the top fabric piece.
Thread a needle and use it to sew down the beads, sewing through all the layers of fabric.
Tips and warnings
- Sew the flowers onto pillows or any other fabric household item.
- To make a stem for the flower, attach it to a piece of floral wire using floral tape.
- Be cautious when singeing the edges of the fabric, making sure the flame does not come in contact with the fabric.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for