Cats love to climb and hide in dark, small places. You may also have noticed that your cat loves boxes. Most cats do. You can make a simple cat house with cardboard boxes and carpet that your cat will spend hours playing and sleeping in. If you find cardboard to be an eyesore, you can simply decorate your cat playhouse with coloured markers. You can be as creative with your cat playhouse as you want. This article is only a guide to making a cat house with cardboard boxes.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1 large-size cardboard box
- 3 medium-size cardboard boxes
- Hot-glue gun and glue
- X-acto knife
- 3 feet of carpeting (optional)
- Coloured markers (optional)
If you get your boxes new and laid flat, open them up and fold them into working condition.
Glue the ends of the boxes shut.
With your pencil, draw four holes on four sides of the large box. Keep them low to the ground. Make sure they are big enough for your cat to fit through.
With your X-acto knife, cut out the holes on the box.
Put each medium box against the sides of the large box. Reach inside the large box with the pencil and outline the circles you cut out on the large box onto the medium boxes.
With the X-acto knife, cut out the circles on the medium boxes.
Glue the three medium boxes to the large box so that the circles line up. Your cat can prowl through these boxes. She can enter and exit from the fourth hole that does not have a box attached.
Optional: You can glue bits of carpet onto the boxes for your cat to scratch. Decorate the boxes with coloured markers if you desire. Your cat will enjoy playing inside and on top of her house.
Tips and warnings
- Your box house may get chewed on and worn out if your cat really loves it, so always be on the lookout for new and interesting boxes to build your next cat playhouse.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for