Ceramic hobs are a stylish, low-maintenance kitchen feature, provided some care is taken while using and cleaning them. Because the cooking coils are embedded under a layer of glass, food particles and grease can't drip directly onto the burners or under the surface of the stove like they can with conventional hobs. Cleaners made specifically for ceramic stoves must be used to avoid marring the surface finish that gives ceramic stoves their beauty. These ceramic hob cleaners will polish out small scratches that may develop during normal stove use.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cleaner/polisher designed specifically for ceramic hobs, such as Cerama-Bryte
- Wet soft cloth
- 2 dry soft cloths
- Non-abrasive cleaning pad designed for use on a ceramic hob
Check that all the burners are off and the stove's surface is cool. Cleaning or polishing a hob while it is still hot will damage its surface.
Apply the cleanser/polish directly to the surface of the hob.
Rub the cleanser/polish over the whole surface using the non-abrasive cleaning pad. Rub lightly. Apply more cleanser as needed.
Rinse off all the cleaner using the wet cloth.
Wipe up any excess water using a dry cloth.
Buff the hob using a dry cloth to give it a nice shine.
Tips and warnings
- To help prevent scratches when using your ceramic hob, do not slide pots from one burner to another.
- Use the cleaner/polisher frequently to protect the hob surface from scratches.
- Do not use an abrasive cleaner or soap pad on your ceramic hob. It will scratch the hob surface.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for