Moles, the small black or brown spots born as a result of an accumulation of a cluster of cells, are characteristic of the human skin. They can appear either during childhood or during the first two decades of life. A few moles over your body are not anything to worry about. If, however, you have an abundance of moles and are concerned about your appearance, there are ways to permanently render yourself mole free. Many decide on surgical removal of moles, but others are comfortable with home remedies for mole removal, including creams, pastes and oils. The type of mole removal technique you select will depend on a factors such as location of the mole, whether or not it can be safely removed and price considerations.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Removing moles is not a difficult project. Whether you decide to remove a mole at home or surgically, treatment is quick and usually pain and scar free. If a mole is located near a sensitive part of your face, like an eye or the lips, then it is best to opt for professional surgery.
Surgical removal of moles is a simple procedure but requires a skilled, experienced surgeon, who can adeptly remove moles without leaving a scar. Some moles are deep, and those are typically the trickiest. Choose a good surgeon to remove your moles.
The main surgical options available for mole removal include cutting, shaving, burning, freezing and laser surgery. Most of these treatments are effective anywhere on your face but you have to make sure you follow the advice of your doctor regarding care after surgery.
Home remedies to remove moles range from commercial creams to many kinds of natural products and plants that you may have easily available. These over-the-counter remedies are cheaper than surgical procedures and highly effective. However, it is not advisable to use over-the-counter home remedies for facial moles unless recommended by a dermatologist.
Most commercial products contain sap from plants that burn or dissolve the mole, after which it will drop off. The best of these is Wart Mole Vanish, which requires a couple of applications only and with time cause the mole to dry up and fall off. Great care is needed to make sure the skin around the mole is not damaged.
Tips and warnings
- Before considering removing moles, it is imperative that you schedule an appointment with your doctor or a dermatologist. He or she will assess the mole, or moles in question, and determine whether or not it is safe to remove them.
- Most moles are harmless but some might be cancerous or might become a risk after removal. While there are numerous home-based remedies available to allow you to easily remove moles, utmost care should be taken in regards to suspicious moles, which should be removed surgically under a trained professional.
- The main disadvantage of surgical mole removal is its added expense.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for